Bored of cooking soup, I decided to cook roasted ribs. Practically, I commonly cook soup if I have bone ingredient (ribs, oxtails,marrows). I googling the recipe and my final decision fall into lemon honey glazed roasted ribs. Oh wait, actually it is just honey glazed roasted ribs. Since my husband abruptly said “lemon honey”, it made me thought that it was absolutely good idea.
- 0.5 kgs cow ribs
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cloves garlic (finely choped)
- 1/3 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cm ginger
- 2 tbs soy sauce
- 2 tbs honey
Spread sauce ingredients:
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- Lemon juice
- Boil ribs over medium heat in pot. Add bay leaves. Cook until half cooked meat. Set aside between beef stock and ribs.
- In pan, stir-fry garlic, onion and ginger until wilted and fragrant. Put in ribs and well stirred.
- Add honey, soy sauce, pepper, and salt to enhance the taste.
- Add stock and simmer until the meat is fully cooked.
- Roast ribs with mixed spread sauce ingdient the remain seasoning
After all, I feel my dishes was not perfect since the meat didn’t quite tender. Perhaps I should give a shot to directly roast rather than boil the meat in the first hand.