Again, i found 2 packs of asparagus in my refrigerator. No, sorry I’m about lying. I bought asparagus intentionally in order to cook asparagus cream soup. Because I need chicken stock, I guess it’s better for me to cook chicken soup on previous day. Not bad, I can shortened the preparation time. So let me pour the shoot.
- 400 gr fresh asparagus, medium chopped
- 1 chopped onion
- 120 ml + 300 ml chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 240 ml skimmed milk
- 120 ml yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Grated cheddar/parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus and onion in a saucepan with 120 ml vegetable broth. Bring the broth to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer until the vegetable are tender.
- Reserve a few asparagus tips for garnish. Place remaining vegetable mixture in an electric blender and puree until smooth.
- Melt butter in the pan that was used for simmering the asparagus and onions. Stir while sprinkling flour, salt and pepper into the butter. Allow the mixture to cook maximum 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 300 ml chicken stock and increase the heat. Continue stirring until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir the vegetable puree and milk into the saucepan. Whisk yoghurt into the mixture, followed by lemon juice. Stir until heated through. Add mushroom and shredded chicken. then laddle into bowls. Garnish with reserved asparagus tips. Sprinkle with grated cheese if desired.
- You can substitute skimmed milk into soy milk and chicken stock into vegetable broth if you desire vegan recipe.
- Do not let the flour brown, use low heat.
- Do not over squeezed lemon juice. It can ruin your cream soup into acidic taste.
- I used cooked chicken, not raw chicken. Well, actually i used chicken from chicken soup leftover which I cooked on previous day