In one random day, I opened my refrigerator and found so many strawberry fresh fruit. Those originally given by my mom for infused water. Luckyly, I and my husband are not so into infused water. Teee-heee. Besides, I was in the middle of idea and passion to create mocktail. I did research in internet, what kind of mocktail could I made from raw fruits in my refrigerator. Then I ended to this link. Strawberry syrup. Here I modified a lil bit and give you metric measurement in case you are confusing.
- 450 gr very ripe strawberries, hulled and cut into chunks
- 350 ml cold water
- 200 gr white sugar
How to make
- Place strawberries into heavy saucepan, add water and bring to a boil. Stir, reduce heat to low and simmer until strawberry soften about 15 minutes.
- Strain juice into a separate saucepan using a fine mesh strainer. Discard strawberry pulp. Stir in sugar until dissolves. Bring strawberry juice back to a boil a second time.
- Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Pour syrup into a lidded container and refrigerate.
Ta-daaaaa! Now your strawberry syrup is in your hand. Cheaper than you have to buy. You can use it for your tea, soda water or even ingredient for your mocktail creation. When you wan create tea (or I might say Blood Tea for my creation), make sure you use black tea.