STORY BEHIND BLACK FOREST
Before all, I’m sorry I can’t present you the photo of this cake. I baked a cake long time ago before Instagram is trended. Hehe. Besides, I don’t have any intended to document and taking photo my work for archieve. Hope you all don’t mind it :).
Well, I heard yesterday my cousin will bake Black Forest. No doubt, my random mind lead me to memorize the time, my moment when I baked Black Forest at that time. The recipe I present you is taken from my mom secret book of cake recipe. Yes, she used to has hobby baking a cake and noted also collected the interesting recipe. After I remember, There were 2 times I bake Black Forest with my barely hand. First, at my 16th birthday and second, hidden story :p.
28 State Senior High School, Jakarta, have unusual tradition to the one who celebrated birthday at the time. I didn’t really remember whether it was just for my batch or another batch is same. In a brief, the one who celebrated birthday was the one who brought cake. So here I was, 16th birthday and intended to bring my very own birthday cake created by me. I remembered, I baked the batter, but my mom make the cream spread also decorate the cake. No doubt the cake looked so gorgeous. Haha. Like I said, I have passion to create my own handcraft. Cakes or things. But I really don’t have good hand. I can’t make something with gorgeous look even a neat one. Okay, back to the story. Because it mid test was held at the time, i brought the cake and board it out to school canteen refrigerator. After finished, I called my friends, especially my classmate and shared it to them. I didn’t want to tell them that I baked that cake, but after most of them told me it was a delicious cake, I told them. So, it was a happy moment. I wasn’t fail anyway ^_^.
So, that was all. I counted there was just two times I baked Black forest.
This cake special. Very special.
- 10 Eggs
- 150 gr granulated sugar
- 30 gr TBM
- 1/4 teaspoon BP
- 50 cc water
- 120 gr white flour
- 30 gr cocoa powder
- 40 gr maizena powder
- 40 gr margarine
- 35 gr room butter
- Chocolate Pasta
Spread Cream and ornament
- 1 box Whippy Cream
- 60 gr sweetened condensed milk or 200 cc sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry essence or 1.5 table spoon grisco (white butter)
- Blueberry jam
- Colatta chocolate
How To Cook:
- Mix 10 eggs (6 eggwhite + 10 yolk) with granulated sugar and stir until it swells
- Add TBM and BP, stir until it swells, then add water. Stir again.
- After it swells, add sifted mixture of white flour, cocoa powder and maizena powder. Stir slowly.
- Add melted margarine and room butter (or you can replace with weijsmann butter). Stir as well again.
- Add chocolate paste to taste. Stir again.
- Pour batter into 3 margarine smeared baking tray. Put them in oven.
- Mix well Whippy cream, condensed milk (I usually use carnation milk), strawberry essence/grisco butter until it swells.
- After the batter cooked, let it cool. Stake the layer and seal it with blueberry jam between it layer.
- Spread the whole with spread cream and decorated with colatta chocolate and cherry (you can decorate as you like it)